Further reviews have taken place this week regarding the Society’s view of the trialling situation during COVID-19, and following Government advice and guidelines, taking into consideration the social gathering rules that apply for all of the four nations, and advice from our insurers, we are unfortunately still unable to provide authorisation of official trials to take place.The safety of our members is paramount, and therefore the sanctioning of trials whilst the pandemic still continues, and with the increase in local lockdown a high probability in areas throughout the nations, it would be irresponsible of the Society to sanction trials and gatherings.We continue to monitor this weekly and will provide updates accordingly, and we hope to have some positive news for you all soon.We do not make these decisions lightly and a great deal of time, research and consideration is taken.
It is with real sadness that we have been told by his many friends that long standing member Gwyn Lightfoot, Llandegla died at home last weekend after a long illness. He will be greatly missed. We would like to express our deepest condolences to his father John, sister and all his family and friends. Our thoughts are with them at this extremely difficult time.
Information about the funeral arrangements will be posted when they are made public.
Click on links to view
Next meeting dates 2020: 15.10.20 03.12.20 (A.G.M.)
25.06.20 virtual meeting (key notes)
- Agreed that the Society’s position (including the ISDS) remains unchanged from that posted on the website and social media in March. If it is possible to socially gather and travel in the next few months in Wales, it may be possible to run a few local trials and complete elements of the Nursery season BUT only if ISDS insurance which is currently voided is reinstated and local committees and communities are prepared to arrange/host trials. NWSDS cannot be associated in anyway with any event that is uninsured.
- Agreed that previous decision stands and 2021 diaries will NOT be sent to individual members who have not paid their 2020 subscription.
- Agreed that Trials who have not paid membership in 2020 will ONLY have a single line entry in the 2021 diary noting only the date and venue.
- Agreed not to impose a rejoining fee of £5 in 2021 for unpaid members and trials.
- Noted that the Nationwide reserves account has been closed (5th June) and the funds will now be managed through the NWSDS Barclays current account until interest rates are more favourable.
- Agreed in view of the Covid-19 restrictions to ‘void’ the 2020 provisions. Consequently, the Chair will remain with Montgomeryshire for 2021 and that Anglesey will now take the Chair from 2022. Arrangements already made for the NWSDS Championships / Nursery Final / Dinner and Class 2 trials in 2020 can hopefully be revived and rearranged for 2021 (in full or in part).
- Also agreed that in these exceptional circumstances that the Trustees terms of office be adjusted accordingly – noting that AS will still be replaced by ALlO for Ynys Mon in 2021.
20.02.20 (key notes)
- Agreed to post on website / FB offer of possible help from NWSDS members if needed by any Affiliated Trials which are finding it difficult to find sufficient committee members / helpers.
- Trustees Indemnity Insurance (TII) discussion paper considered – agreed S&T to obtain quote for further consideration at next meeting.
- Policies and procedures – noted and agreed reviews reference list.
- Disciplinary procedure – adopted.
- Complaints procedure – adopted.
- Agreed S&T remuneration (December 2020) in light of developments and charity status.
- NWSDS trials – agreed that the Committee should be advised of all arrangements for Championship trials agreed by the local committees e.g. judges, trial fields, number of sheep to be used etc. in order to maintain a minimum standard as far as practically possible.
- National Qualifying points – agreed that trials should continue to be encouraged to include a pen and single/shed as required to gain points e.g. within the same time limit if it helps!?
- Nursery Qualifying league table 2021 – agreed not to pursue.
- Mentor trials 2020 – noted that no trials have been organised to date but several nurseries have invited entries from locals/beginners (need to encourage more to follow suit).
- Agreed to propose increasing entry fee for Nursery Heats from £3 to £5 at AGM 2020 (half to NWSDS as now).
- Agreed to arrange first meeting in 2021 in January instead of February.
The Trustees have confirmed (25.06.20) that members (individuals and trials) who have not paid their 2020 membership will NOT receive the 2021 trials diary and will reluctantly be removed from the Society’s mailing list.
Payment (£15 / £20 non UK) should be made or sent to the Secretary as soon as possible please. Details are on page 4 of the 2020 diary. The Society still incurs costs so your membership is very important and it will avoid any disappointment and administrative disruption next year.
JULY 13 & 14 RED HOUSE, ABERHAFESP, NEWTOWN SY16 3HH
Entry form to download and return with payment (preferred). Alternatively email or message (see CONTACT on menu bar) or use Messenger and pay later.
If, as seems likely, that the 2020 Championships are postponed entries will be carried over to 2021 (date to be confirmed at later date).
Diaries were posted on the 2nd March to all members who paid this and/or last year’s membership and life members. If you didn’t pay you are no longer on the mailing list and need to get in touch please if you want to resurrect your membership. Diolch / Thanks
The Society is keen to try and help any Affiliated Trials who may be struggling to find enough committee members / helpers.
The Society is happy to use its media to help identify individual members who may be willing to help.
Please contact the Secretary if you would find this useful.
You can now get the ISN Magazine in a digital version. Please get in touch in order to access. The link has all the instructions.
Whether the UK leaves the EU with or without a deal [gov.uk link]