Public / Employer’s Liability and Equipment insurance for trials
Is provided for the North Wales Sheep Dog Society (NWSDS) by insurance underwriters BIBU (Farm & Estate Policy). This includes cover for Affiliated Trials Societies.
Summary of sums insured
Public Liability £5,000,000
Employers Liability £10,000,000
Equipment (hurdles, toilets, sound systems etc.) £5,000
- Insurance cover is compulsory unless otherwise insured as part of an agricultural show and Affiliated Societies must pay £15 per trial.
- This is not accident cover for anyone who suffers injury to themselves, their property or vehicle through their own neglect nor will persons who are not an Instructed by the organisers be covered. Vehicle use is not covered and organisers must ensure that these have their own policy.
- Cover extends to all instructed persons being officials, staff, and volunteers who act under instruction from the organiser.
- The organiser i.e. Affiliated Trials Secretaries should undertake a risk assessment (see below) and ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to identify and remove any hazard at the earliest opportunity by instruction, training, or supervision as appropriate.
To be added when received
Is provided by the NWSDS from its own funds and is included in the Affiliated Trials Societies annual membership fee (£15).
- The maximum sum for the loss, injury and disposal of any one animal is £150 (note that veterinary fees are not included).
- Handlers are liable for any injury or loss caused by their dog.
Welfare and conduct of dogs
Individual handlers are responsible for the welfare (incl. possible injury) and conduct of their dogs and must carry out their own risk assessment of the tasks asked of their dogs during the trial e.g. deciding whether their dog(s) run the course, are fully fit to run the trial course and are kept under control/supervision at all times.