Running order for the 3 days 6th & 7th & 8th September (download)
(amended version 19.00 / 21.08.19)
Police have urged everyone to download a smartphone app they say has already saved several lives. What is it and how does it work?
The start time on the 3rd September has been changed to 07.30 NOT 08.00.
Running will be strictly to order (late comers will miss run).
Llongyfarchiadau mawr i’n aelodau Arwyn Davies, Beate Behr ac Arwel Ll Owen am lwyddo o ddod cyntaf, ail a thrydydd yn y bencampwriaeth genedlaethol yn Llandeilo a hefyd i’n holl aelodau sydd yn rhan o’r tim eleni.
Many congratulations to our members, Arwyn Davies, Beate Behr and Arwel Ll. Owen being placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the National trial in Llandeilo and all our other members making the team this year.
Entries have now closed (122 runs). A reserve list is being kept (first come basis) in the event that any handlers withdraw. Please contact the Secretary if you want to be added to the list.
Meeting dates 2019: 17.10.19 05.12.19 (A.G.M.)
Meeting dates 2020: 20.02.20 25.06.20 15.10.20 03.12.20 (A.G.M.)
Individual members: 92% have paid subscriptions.
Affiliated trials: 91% have paid subscriptions.
Balances / total assets: £28,335.65 (incl. current reserves of £20,522.30)
Accounts: Inspected by Arwel Staples (Trustee) and found to be in good order
Membership: total 235 plus 34 life members. 28 new members 2019 plus 40 in 2018 (68).
Young handlers 50% membership discount: not supported
Trustees information pack (responsibilities etc.): circulated.
CCDGC/NWSDS Class 2 trial: Agreed to propose at 2019 AGM that Vice Chair organises standalone trial every year i.e. 2020 Anglesey.
Victor Ludorum: award to be given at annual dinner (if pilot sustainable)
National qualifying points (used again in 2019): agreed to strongly recommend inclusion of pen and shed at 2020 Open trials if practicable (Affiliated Societies Trials) & to note in Diary “qualifying points awarded”
AGM (2019) draft motions discussed
- Nursery League qualification points system: NOT SUPPORTED
- Add to NWSDS rules: Any dogs used at the letting out pen at the annual NWSDS Championships should be easily identifiable e.g. by wearing a bright / florescent dog coat / jacket. Affiliated Societies are encouraged to adopt the same rule: DEFERRED FROM 2018 AGM TO BE RE-PRESENTED?
- Nursery Rules no.5: After the 1st April or retain August (?) a dog placed 1st to 6th in an Open trial will be allowed to continue to compete (A dog so placed before the 1st April or retain August (?) will be unable to compete).FURTHER DISCUSSION REQUIRED
- Trial entry criteria Dosbarth 2/Class 2: Dogs who have not been placed 1st or 2nd in an Open trial, held anywhere in the world but dogs that have won two or more Class 2 trials must run in the ‘Combined’ class if one is available. SUPPORTED
- NWSDS Class 3 sponsorship 2019 to 2021 (subject to annual review):Take up by new and inexperienced handlers and dogs in 2019 was less than hoped so NWSDS sponsorship will unfortunately not be continued in 2020 and 2021. Instead Affiliated Societies trials will be encouraged to have a Class 3 for Handlers (not dogs) that have not run in any Open trial or been placed in any Class 2 trial, held anywhere in the world. Maximum individual prize money £5. SUPPORTED
- CCDGC/NWSDS Class 2 trial: That the Vice Chair organises a standalone trial every year i.e. 2020 Anglesey. SUPPORTED
- Recommendations: The entry fees for non-members of the NWSDS at all Affiliated Societies trials be more than for paid up members. SUPPORTED
- Recommendations: It is strongly recommended that a pen and shed be included at Affiliated Societies Open trials 2020 if practicable and to note in 2020 Diary “qualifying points awarded” SUPPORTED
- Recommendations: To ensure consistency and fairness when a trial has two (2) sessions, entries for both sessions should be taken at the same time on a ‘first come basis’. SUPPORTED
Membership: Pleasing to note that 50 new members have joined the Society in the past year and 70% of members have paid their subscriptions due on the 1st January.
Public Liability insurance (ISDS): Requirements have been added to the 2019 diary to raise awareness (already on website).
Charity Commission reporting: Paper summarising the requirements discussed. Noted that the Commission’s templates will be used from the 2019 AGM.
Trials diary 2019: Completed ready for the printers, overall 1 less trial to date (notably Betws yn Rhos will not be held this year) but others likely to be added.
NWSDS Class 3 sponsorship: 17 trials have agreed to accept.
Sioe Fawr / RWAS young handlers competition < 25: Shortlist of possible competitors agreed. To be confirmed as soon as possible.
ISDS Welsh Directors meeting: Agreed to propose to meeting on 21.10.18 a) returning to 5 a day qualification at National AND run draw process to be reviewed b) the NWSDS Championships 2019 be used as the World Trial qualification for North Wales.
Membership fee 2019: As paid members now exceeds 200 no pressing need to consider an increase (no resolution now required at 2018 AGM).
S&T position: Agreed to recommission Martin D. for 2019 and report to 2018 AGM
Resolutions 2018 AGM:
- New constitution
- New Nursery Rules: entry qualifications same as South Wales
- NWSDS sponsored Class 3 (£40) for young handlers & beginners for 3 years subject to annual review.
- Amend Additional Rules for Trials Rule 7 to replace “after completion of run” with “at the end of the trial through the trial Secretary”
Suggestion to change Class 2 entry requirements not supported
Nursery final: Agreed venue and start time (posted on website) and that John Ellis to judge and also represent NWSDS at the All Wales Final
Venues and dates for 2019 (Championships [? incl. World trial qualification], Nursery Final, All Wales Nursery Final and Annual Dinner). Agreed that
- John Whiteley (2019 Chair) will action
- Venue for All Wales Nursery Final to be discussed at AGM.
Annual Dinner 24th November 2018: Chair to confirm arrangements with S&T as soon as possible. Society trophies etc. to be presented at the evening. S&T to remind winners
AGM notice: Agreed to only post papers to those members who do not have email
Judges panel: agreed to review / update for 2019 diary
Membership fee 2019: Agreed to prepare resolution for 2018 AGM and to increase membership for non UK members by £5 to cover cost of postage and additional administration from 2019.
Sheep insurance claims 2017: noted that payments have been completed
Safeguarding: Trustees Charity responsibilities noted & policy posted on website
GDPR: Privacy notice posted on website and noted on membership forms
Nursery Rules: Agreed to try and arrange meeting at Welsh National (after AGM) to discuss way forward on agreeing all Wales rules
Viability: Noted that on latest information to break even approximately £200 is now required.
Viability: Noted that on current information to break-even approximately £500 is required to be made each year from the Society trials. This has been accomplished on average in recent years so there is no short term financial risk but aim must be to break even e.g. requires approximately another 50 members to be recruited or £4/5 increase in subscriptions.
Public Liability Insurance: Agreed to continue with ISDS due to balance of risks associated with taking out Society cover.
New (updated) Constitution: Draft to be circulated to Trustees with email addresses and agreed to table adoption as motion at 2018 AGM.
Trustee’s responsibilities: paper shared for information to be circulated to those with email addresses.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): Agreed to proceed in general on basis of ‘Legitimate Interest’ unless or until questioned by the ICO regulator (Information Commissioners Office) or further guidance is issued.
- NWSDS position / options to be discussed at next meeting.
- Agreed that Chair form a subcommittee (chair and 2 others) to meet with a similar number from SWSDTA to try and agree the same Nursery rules for both Societies before the respective 2018 AGMs i.e. before November.
Website: Agreed that only additions and changes to trials to be posted on website / Facebook page.
New handlers definition: Agreed best course is to continue as present i.e. local trials determining their own definitions
Accounts: Agreed to consolidate 3 accounts into 1 a.s.a.p.
West Bromwich B.S. Agreed to close account a.s.a.p.
Insurances: Agreed to obtain quotation for NWSDS PL cover, meet sheep loss, injury and disposal (up to £150 max. each animal – veterinary fees are not included) from Society funds (current account) and not to insure trophies.
Underpayments: Agreed that those members that have underpaid be reminded.
Camping facilities (for information only) are available for the Society Championships on the 3rd and 4th September (approx. 2 miles from trial field) at
TRIAL ENTRY CRITERIA (NWSDS including Affiliated Societies) (unless otherwise stated in members diary)
AGORED/OPEN: Any handler and dog, worldwide, no restrictions
DOSBARTH 2/CLASS 2: Dogs who have not been placed 1st or 2nd in an Open trial, held anywhere in the world
DOSBARTH 3/CLASS 3: Handler and dog that have not run in any Open trial or been placed in any Class 2 trial (NWSDS criteria), held anywhere in the world.
Note: Individual handlers are responsible for the welfare (incl. possible injury) and conduct of their dogs and must carry out their own risk assessment of the tasks asked of their dogs during the trial e.g. deciding whether their dog(s) run the course, are fully fit to run the trial course and are kept under control/supervision at all times.
The organising committee are very grateful for the financial support already received from Affiliated Sheepdog Trial Societies and would appreciate any further assistance other Societies may be able to offer. Please contact Dylan Davies on 01654 713805. Diolch yn fawr iawn/Thank you.
Members are entitled to a 20% discount on this website’s advertising rates.
For example, instead of £30 for a 90 day advert members pay £24.
NWSDS Policy .pdf Website advertising
As other media is preventing the advertising of animals for sale, members may be considering using this site. This is possible for members only but will be kept under review e.g.
- this facility is exclusively for responsible sheepdog sales between members and associated ISDS members.
- the additional workload may mean limiting the number of adverts running at one time.
- NWSDS reserves the right to remove this facility or refuse to accept specific adverts at any time.
is the best and easiest way to advertise.
Please also complete and email your completed booking form in order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Booking form .docx Adv. form
.pdf Adv. form
Adverts will be included on a “Dogs for sale” page on this sites menu