🚩 Pwllgor Rheoli Ymddiriedolwyr
Meeting dates 2019: 17.10.19 05.12.19 (A.G.M.)
Meeting dates 2020: 20.02.20 25.06.20 15.10.20 03.12.20 (A.G.M.)
Individual members: 92% have paid subscriptions.
Affiliated trials: 91% have paid subscriptions.
Balances / total assets: £28,335.65 (incl. current reserves of £20,522.30)
Accounts: Inspected by Arwel Staples (Trustee) and found to be in good order
Membership: total 235 plus 34 life members. 28 new members 2019 plus 40 in 2018 (68).
Young handlers 50% membership discount: not supported
Trustees information pack (responsibilities etc.): circulated.
CCDGC/NWSDS Class 2 trial: Agreed to propose at 2019 AGM that Vice Chair organises standalone trial every year i.e. 2020 Anglesey.
Victor Ludorum: award to be given at annual dinner (if pilot sustainable)
National qualifying points (used again in 2019): agreed to strongly recommend inclusion of pen and shed at 2020 Open trials if practicable (Affiliated Societies Trials) & to note in Diary “qualifying points awarded”
AGM (2019) draft motions discussed
- Nursery League qualification points system: NOT SUPPORTED
- Add to NWSDS rules: Any dogs used at the letting out pen at the annual NWSDS Championships should be easily identifiable e.g. by wearing a bright / florescent dog coat / jacket. Affiliated Societies are encouraged to adopt the same rule: DEFERRED FROM 2018 AGM TO BE RE-PRESENTED?
- Nursery Rules no.5: After the 1st April or retain August (?) a dog placed 1st to 6th in an Open trial will be allowed to continue to compete (A dog so placed before the 1st April or retain August (?) will be unable to compete).FURTHER DISCUSSION REQUIRED
- Trial entry criteria Dosbarth 2/Class 2: Dogs who have not been placed 1st or 2nd in an Open trial, held anywhere in the world but dogs that have won two or more Class 2 trials must run in the ‘Combined’ class if one is available. SUPPORTED
- NWSDS Class 3 sponsorship 2019 to 2021 (subject to annual review):Take up by new and inexperienced handlers and dogs in 2019 was less than hoped so NWSDS sponsorship will unfortunately not be continued in 2020 and 2021. Instead Affiliated Societies trials will be encouraged to have a Class 3 for Handlers (not dogs) that have not run in any Open trial or been placed in any Class 2 trial, held anywhere in the world. Maximum individual prize money £5. SUPPORTED
- CCDGC/NWSDS Class 2 trial: That the Vice Chair organises a standalone trial every year i.e. 2020 Anglesey. SUPPORTED
- Recommendations: The entry fees for non-members of the NWSDS at all Affiliated Societies trials be more than for paid up members. SUPPORTED
- Recommendations: It is strongly recommended that a pen and shed be included at Affiliated Societies Open trials 2020 if practicable and to note in 2020 Diary “qualifying points awarded” SUPPORTED
- Recommendations: To ensure consistency and fairness when a trial has two (2) sessions, entries for both sessions should be taken at the same time on a ‘first come basis’. SUPPORTED
Membership: Pleasing to note that 50 new members have joined the Society in the past year and 70% of members have paid their subscriptions due on the 1st January.
Public Liability insurance (ISDS): Requirements have been added to the 2019 diary to raise awareness (already on website).
Charity Commission reporting: Paper summarising the requirements discussed. Noted that the Commission’s templates will be used from the 2019 AGM.
Trials diary 2019: Completed ready for the printers, overall 1 less trial to date (notably Betws yn Rhos will not be held this year) but others likely to be added.
NWSDS Class 3 sponsorship: 17 trials have agreed to accept.
Sioe Fawr / RWAS young handlers competition < 25: Shortlist of possible competitors agreed. To be confirmed as soon as possible.
ISDS Welsh Directors meeting: Agreed to propose to meeting on 21.10.18 a) returning to 5 a day qualification at National AND run draw process to be reviewed b) the NWSDS Championships 2019 be used as the World Trial qualification for North Wales.
Membership fee 2019: As paid members now exceeds 200 no pressing need to consider an increase (no resolution now required at 2018 AGM).
S&T position: Agreed to recommission Martin D. for 2019 and report to 2018 AGM
Resolutions 2018 AGM:
- New constitution
- New Nursery Rules: entry qualifications same as South Wales
- NWSDS sponsored Class 3 (£40) for young handlers & beginners for 3 years subject to annual review.
- Amend Additional Rules for Trials Rule 7 to replace “after completion of run” with “at the end of the trial through the trial Secretary”
Suggestion to change Class 2 entry requirements not supported
Nursery final: Agreed venue and start time (posted on website) and that John Ellis to judge and also represent NWSDS at the All Wales Final
Venues and dates for 2019 (Championships [? incl. World trial qualification], Nursery Final, All Wales Nursery Final and Annual Dinner). Agreed that
- John Whiteley (2019 Chair) will action
- Venue for All Wales Nursery Final to be discussed at AGM.
Annual Dinner 24th November 2018: Chair to confirm arrangements with S&T as soon as possible. Society trophies etc. to be presented at the evening. S&T to remind winners
AGM notice: Agreed to only post papers to those members who do not have email
Judges panel: agreed to review / update for 2019 diary
Membership fee 2019: Agreed to prepare resolution for 2018 AGM and to increase membership for non UK members by £5 to cover cost of postage and additional administration from 2019.
Sheep insurance claims 2017: noted that payments have been completed
Safeguarding: Trustees Charity responsibilities noted & policy posted on website
GDPR: Privacy notice posted on website and noted on membership forms
Nursery Rules: Agreed to try and arrange meeting at Welsh National (after AGM) to discuss way forward on agreeing all Wales rules
Viability: Noted that on latest information to break even approximately £200 is now required.
Viability: Noted that on current information to break-even approximately £500 is required to be made each year from the Society trials. This has been accomplished on average in recent years so there is no short term financial risk but aim must be to break even e.g. requires approximately another 50 members to be recruited or £4/5 increase in subscriptions.
Public Liability Insurance: Agreed to continue with ISDS due to balance of risks associated with taking out Society cover.
New (updated) Constitution: Draft to be circulated to Trustees with email addresses and agreed to table adoption as motion at 2018 AGM.
Trustee’s responsibilities: paper shared for information to be circulated to those with email addresses.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): Agreed to proceed in general on basis of ‘Legitimate Interest’ unless or until questioned by the ICO regulator (Information Commissioners Office) or further guidance is issued.
- NWSDS position / options to be discussed at next meeting.
- Agreed that Chair form a subcommittee (chair and 2 others) to meet with a similar number from SWSDTA to try and agree the same Nursery rules for both Societies before the respective 2018 AGMs i.e. before November.
Website: Agreed that only additions and changes to trials to be posted on website / Facebook page.
New handlers definition: Agreed best course is to continue as present i.e. local trials determining their own definitions
Accounts: Agreed to consolidate 3 accounts into 1 a.s.a.p.
West Bromwich B.S. Agreed to close account a.s.a.p.
Insurances: Agreed to obtain quotation for NWSDS PL cover, meet sheep loss, injury and disposal (up to £150 max. each animal – veterinary fees are not included) from Society funds (current account) and not to insure trophies.
Underpayments: Agreed that those members that have underpaid be reminded.